The Building Process
Talk to Roland Tissink
Make the first step towards your ideal home by calling Roland today on 0274 830 353 or email to discuss your needs.
The style of homes are very individual and personal. Maybe start by looking at houses that you like and the materials that have been used and collect ideas. There are so many styles of homes available. You could start by looking at houses and what construction methods have been used. Get a collection of these for reference in your file before you start.
- How you live?
- Outdoor Flow?
- High Studs?
- Timber interior?
- Lifestyle and family requirements, how many are in your family how many bedrooms will you need?
- What family features, large dining, rumpus room, media room?
- What views and special features does your site have? Flat or sloping site. Clear or Bushclad?
- Where is the sun, site orientation is very important for maximum benefits make the most of your site?
- Site Location: Is it Rural, city, lakes or beach properties? All have different features and attributes and need to be considered for design purposes
- What is the zoning of your land? Get a LIM report.
If you don’t have a Land Information Memorandum report (LIM) you should get one from the council it lists everything that the district council knows about your site any hazards or features of the land.
If your proposed house doesn’t comply with development controls for your area you will need resource consent.